Frequently Asked Questions


Are home or business fire and burglar alarms required to be registered with Anderson Township or Law Enforcement?

No. Alarm systems are not required to be registered in Anderson Township.

For more information, contact the Hamilton County Sheriff's Office District 5 at 474-5770.


Is there a "pooper-scooper" law?



Is there a barking dog law?

Yes, Board of Township Trustees approved a resolution related to barking dogs.  For more

information, contact the Hamilton County Sheriff's Office District 5 at 474-5770 or nights and weekends at 825-2280.


Which cemeteries are maintained by the Township?

Asbury, Clough Baptist (Bridges Road), Rosehill (SR32), and Wolfangel


Coyotes are part of the landscape in all of Ohio, both in rural and urban settings. “While it is hard to prove that there has been an upsurge in coyotes living in the area, there certainly have been more coyote sightings in recent years.

Coyotes eat a variety of foods including insects, fruits and berries but prey mostly on small mammals such as rabbits and mice. However, they also have been known to take small animals such as dogs and cats.

If you have a coyote visiting your property, animal trapping experts advise eliminating conditions that are attractive to the coyote, such as pet food left outside or unsecured garbage cans. To eliminate any risk to your pet, keep your outside pet area well lit. If a coyote has been sighted in your area, it is best to not leave your pet alone outside.

Coyotes are curious but generally fearful of humans, and are most active at dawn and dusk, although they can be seen frequently throughout the day. To scare them away clap your hands and shout to discourage them from investigating your yard.

For further questions related to coyotes contact the Ohio Department of Natural Resources at 1-800-945-3543.


Who should be called regarding curb repairs?

  • Anderson Township is responsible for all curbs on the township's dedicated and accepted secondary streets.
  • Hamilton County is responsible for county roads.
  • ODOT maintains state roads (Beechmont, SR125, SR32, and Kellogg/US52).


Does Anderson Township have a curfew law? 

Yes, there is a Resolutions, Resolution1.  Individuals under the age of 18 are under curfew restrictions from 12:01 a.m. to 5 a.m. Restrictions do not apply to individuals who are coming from a school or work function. For more information, contact the Hamilton County Sheriff's Office District 5 at 474-5770.


Who should be called to pick up dead animals?

For animals in the street:

  • Secondary streets maintained by the Township (subdivision streets):

                Anderson Township Public Works at 688-8400

                Hamilton County Road Maintenance  (Eastern Division 946-4979)

  • State-maintained roads (Beechmont, SR125, SR32, and Kellogg/US52).  

                Ohio Department of Transportation (ODOT) @ Hamilton County at 932-3030

If animal is in yard, driveway, or elsewhere, homeowner is responsible and will need to call a local animal removal service or exterminator.


Who can be called regarding problems with deer, raccoons, and other wild animal?

Contact Division of Wildlife Xenia Ohio- District 5 Headquarters at (937) 372-9261


Is a permit or inspection required on driveway apron repairs?

Yes, a permit and inspection is required by Anderson Township Public Works at 688-8400.  For unaccepted subdivision streets and county roads, a permit needs to be obtained from The Hamilton County Engineer’s Office at 946-4250.

For accepted subdivision streets, no permit is required; however, driveway aprons need to meet County specifications.


How does electric aggregation work?Click Here 


Is a permit required for a garage sale in Anderson?

No, but there is a restriction on the size of signs and where they can be located.

Article, 5.5, E,4 - Temporary signs shall be set back a minimum of ten (10) feet from the edge of pavement, or at the edge of right-of-way, whichever is the greater setback, five (5) feet from all other property lines, five (5) feet from any other temporary sign, and shall not create a safety hazard. 

Artricle, 5.5, E,6,a - Temporary signs that are eight (8) square feet or less in size shall be permitted in single family and multi family residence districts without a fee, in addition to any other sign permitted in this Article, and such signage does not require a zoning certificate.


What can be done about neighbors who do not mow their grass or if a home is left vacant and grass and weeds are left to grow?

If grass is excessively high (for example, 12" inches, not actually a regulation), call the Planning & Zoning Department, at 688-8400.


Who assigns house and mailbox numbers?

The Hamilton County Regional Planning Commission is responsible for assigning addresses in all unincorporated areas (townships) of Hamilton County and in certain jurisdictions by contract. For more information contact 946-4465.


Who maintains Greenspace?

There is no maintenance, per state law. Hazardous conditions are reviewed by the Greenspace Inspector or a local arborist on a case-by-case basis.

Who should I call with questions concerning Greenspace?

Call Ron Edgerton, Greenspace Advisory Committee, Chairman at 231-5642.

Can construction materials be stored in a Greenspace area?

Print and submit this Materials Storage Permit Application to Suzanne Clingman - Greenspace Inspector at 688-8400.  


What are Anderson Township's regulations pertaining to hunting?
Neither Anderson Township nor Hamilton County have local regulations pertaining to hunting.  Hunting is under the jurisdiction of the Ohio Department of Natural Resources, Division of Wildlife. Answers to common hunting questions may be found at, or by contacting the District Office at (937) 372-9261. 
Who is responsible for replacing missing or damaged grates?
  • The Township is responsible on township streets.
  • The County Engineer's office on Hamilton County-maintained roads at 946-4979.
  • Hamilton County Public Works at 522-3882 on county storm sewer systems in yards.
  • Metropolitan Sewer District 352-4900 for sanitary sewer systems in yards.



Is there a noise law?

Construction Noise Resolution - Prohibited between 11 p.m. -7 a.m.

Noise from radios/sound devices in/on vehicles Resolution

For more information, contact the Hamilton County Sheriff's Office District 5 at 474-5770.


What types of structures require a zoning certificate?

Any improvement/expansion to a building, plus outside structures such as sheds, fences, pools, signs, etc.

Who do you call for a building permit?

Hamilton County Planning & Development - Inspections at 946-4550.


What can be done about a home on my street that is in disrepair, with peeling paint and gutters falling off?

The Township has a property maintenance code that addresses these and other issues pertaining to the exterior of a structure. Contact Planning and Zoning Department 513-688-8400 Press 3. 


Where can paper, cardboard and cans be recycled in Anderson Township?

Anderson Township operates a large recycling center. It is located to the side of the Hamilton County Sheriff’s Office District 5 substation. Bins are available 24 hours a day for single stream recycling.

This site accepts newspaper, cardboard (broken down), junk mail, paperboard (i.e., cereal boxes, etc.) magazines, phone books, brown paper grocery bags, aluminum and steel cans (remove lids/tips), glass bottles and jars, plastic bottles and jugs crushed with lids on, and steel aerosol cans (remove tips). The service is free.  For more information, call Anderson Township at 688-8400.

Where can I take my hazardous waste for recycling (paint, etc.)?

Call the Hamilton County Hazardous Waste Hotline at 946-7766.

Latex Paint Disposal 

Recycling Information


Who is responsible for sidewalks?

The Township is responsible for sidewalk repair along all public roadways.  The property owner would be responsible for the driveway and apron.


 Who replaces street and traffic signs?

  • The Township on dedicated and accepted Township streets.
  • Hamilton County on county roads (includes signs located on corner of county or state and township streets at 946-8400.
  • ODOT for state-maintained roads at 932-3030 (Beechmont, SR125, SR32, and Kellogg/US52).

What is procedure for having a traffic sign installed?

  • Send a letter or email to the Anderson Township (
  • Stop sign requests must be reviewed by the Sheriff's Traffic Safety Office. Other signs will be installed in accordance with the townships right of way policy if on a township-maintained road. Requests for signs on county or state-maintained roads will be forwarded to the agency with jurisdiction.


What streets are not covered by Anderson Township Public Works maintenance?

Streets not dedicated or accepted, private drives, county-maintained roads or state-maintained.

What are the Hamilton County Sheriff's Office Snow Emergency Levels?

  • Level I Snow Alert: Roadways are hazardous with blowing and drifting snow.‚Äč
  • Level II Snow Advisory: Roadways are hazardous with blowing and drifting snow. Only those who feel it is necessary to drive should be out on the roadways. Contact your employer to see if you should report to work.
  • Level III Snow Emergency: All Municipal, Township, County, and State roadways are closed to non-emergency personnel. No one should be out during these conditions unless it is absolutely necessary to travel. Those traveling on the roadways may subject themselves to arrest.


Who is responsible for maintaining blocked pipes and culverts?

If in a recorded easement or part of a township or county system, they will be maintained by the responsible agency otherwise, if not in a public easement, the property owner has the responsibility.  


Who do you call when street lights are out?

Duke Energy - website


What streets are maintained by Anderson Township? 

  • Township covers all accepted and dedicated secondary streets.
  • Hamilton County on county-maintained roads.
  • ODOT is responsible for all state roads in Hamilton County  (Beechmont, SR125, SR32, and Kellogg/US52).  


Who is responsible for subdivision/street approval?

The Hamilton County Engineer, Hamilton County Public Works, Cincinnati Water Works, Metropolitan Sewer District or Board of Health all have requirements which must be met on new subdivisions before they will be accepted as public streets.


 Two waste haulers service Anderson Township, Rumpke and Republic Services.  Residents must contract directly for trash collection.  For more information contact Rumpke at 742-2900 or  


Who do you call when traffic lights are out?

State-maintained roads (Beechmont, SR125, SR32, and Kellogg/SR52) call ODOT at 932-3030. 

County roads (Clough, Eight Mile, Five Mile) – call Hamilton County at 946-8400.


Who is responsible for maintaining trees in the right-of-way?

The Township’s is responsible for maintaining trees in the right-of-way call Anderson Township Public Works at 688-8400.

If a large tree falls across the road from a resident's yard, what is the procedure to take care of this?

Township crews will cut up and stack the wood out of the right-of-way to open the road for traffic. It is then the responsibility of the homeowner to have it removed.


If a junk vehicle is parked in a yard, can anything be done to have it removed?

One junk (not licensed or operable) vehicle is permitted per property, but is to be housed in a garage.  If a property is not in compliance call the Planning and Zoning Department at 688-8400.


Who can perform civil weddings in the township?

Please call 946-5200 to find the nearest municipal judge that can perform the ceremony. 


Where are yardwaste drop-off sites?

BZAK Landscaping has a site at 3295 Turpin Lane (off Rt. 32). Click Here for More Information